At a Death Cafe people, often strangers, gather to eat cake, drink tea and discuss death.
A Death Cafe is a group directed discussion of death with no agenda,
objectives or themes. It is a discussion group rather than a grief
support or counseling session.
Our Death Cafes are always offered:
- On a not for profit basis
- In an accessible, respectful and confidential space
- As an open, respectful and confidential space where people can express their views safely.
- With no intention of leading people to any conclusion, product or course of action
- Alongside refreshing drinks and nourishing food – and cake!
Death Cafe is not a bereavement support or grief counseling setting. Death Cafe doesn't work for people who, for whatever reason, aren't able to discuss death comfortably and openly. There are many projects better set up for this.
• Death Cafes aren't an opportunity to give people information
about death and dying - regardless of how good or important it is.
- See more at: http://deathcafe.com